Social Worker - Children in Care Team - Fixed Term Contract
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Sand Martin House, Fletton Quays, Peterborough
£32,234 to £39,880
Tight teams, low caseloads, life changing results. It’s a bold statement to make.
Join our children’s social care teams at Peterborough City Council and experience it for yourself.
“Peterborough values me… it’s a compassionate organisation that genuinely values its workers”
“I feel safe in my practice, I feel safe to say I think I might have got this wrong”
“We can be really effective in the work that we do and the outcomes we achieve for children – that makes it worth getting up in the morning”.
These are just some of the responses we had from our social workers when we asked them why they love working here. Does this sound like an environment where you could make a real difference?
Having achieved ‘Good’ in our 2018 Ofsted inspection we have firmly set our sights on ‘Outstanding’, and are looking for passionate and committed social workers to join us.
We are highly aspirational in our support for our children in care, whether it be finding adoptive placements, supporting long term fostering plans or returning, often complex, young people home to family members. Join an experienced and dedicated team working to ensure the best interests are achieved for children in care.
This post is for 12 months to cover maternity leave until August 2021.
The successful candidate will have:
• Excellent skills in direct work with children and young people
• A commitment to robust and timely permanence planning
• A proven ability of promoting good health and educational achievement
• Excellent interpersonal skills to develop positive relationships as the key foundations to a successful future
• A degree in social care
• Current SWE registration
In return we can offer you:
• A competitive salary plus generous retention payments
• A relocation package up to £8,000 (T&C’s apply)
• Excellent pension scheme
• Agile working
• Bespoke training and career progression opportunities
• Working as part of a supportive and compassionate team with a great sense of community
If you would love to work for an authority that will genuinely love you back, apply today! #welovesocialworkers
This is a rolling campaign and we will review applications daily so please don't wait for the closing date to apply, we want to speak to you now.
This post is subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check at an enhanced level.