Social Worker - Children in Care Team
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Sand Martin House, Fletton Quays, Peterborough
£32,234 to £39,880
37 & 18.5hrs
We have two exciting opportunities for full-time and part-time (18.5 hrs) Social Workers who are looking to work within the Children in Care service for Peterborough City Council. The posts offer the chance to contribute to high quality service delivery, further develop strong partnership/cross service working and in collaboration with the social workers, innovate and build on the good practice that is already in place.
Corporate Parenting in Peterborough is a ‘conscientious parent’. This was one of the many positive attributes given to the service in the recent Peterborough focused OFSTED visit. This follows a grading of ‘Good’ for Peterborough in 2018.
We ‘think stability’ for our children in care and care leavers as we know this gives them the best possible start in life. Our objective is always ‘thoughtful and thorough’ in our approach to care planning, which means our children rarely move in anything other than a planned way.
• The local authority’s quality of placement matching, is an area of strength'.
• Senior leaders and social workers understand children's experiences' and consider 'their views, needs, wishes and feelings'. In addition, social workers apply 'thoughtful and thorough placement planning and help carers understand children's needs'.
• Senior leaders have a 'clear understanding and knowledge of practices, experiences, and children's progress in care'.
• Social workers have manageable caseloads and are equipped with the tools needed, including suitable technology and personal protective equipment.
“Peterborough values me… it’s a compassionate organisation that genuinely values its workers”
“I feel safe in my practice, I feel safe to say I think I might have got this wrong”
“We can be really effective in the work that we do and the outcomes we achieve for children – that makes it worth getting up in the morning”.
These are just some of the responses we had from our social workers when we asked them why they love working here. Does this sound like an environment where you could make a real difference?
The successful candidate will have:
• A degree in social care with significant demonstrable post qualification experience and current SWE registration
• An expert understanding of the legislative and regulatory regime of multi-agency statutory children’s services and the designated specialist portfolio for the role, together with an understanding of the framework within which Local Authorities operate.
• Knowledge of how to recognise political context of social care and respond appropriately at management level.
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Experience of leading change within an organisation
• High motivation, energy and personal drive, resilient and demonstrating highly developed emotional intelligence and self-awareness
In return we can offer you:
• A competitive salary plus generous retention payments
• A relocation package up to £8,000 (T&C’s apply)
• Excellent pension scheme
• Agile working
If you would love to work for an authority that will genuinely love you back, apply today.
This is a rolling campaign, and we will review applications daily so please don't wait for the closing date to apply. Candidates will be progressed shortly after they apply, and the opportunity will be filled as soon as we identify a suitable candidate, which may be before the closing date. So please don't hesitate, we want to speak to you now!
We are proud to serve the diverse communities of Cambridgeshire/Peterborough and want our workforce to reflect this diversity, which we believe is beneficial for our employees, the organisation and the communities we serve.
Appointment to this post will be subject to the outcome of an Enhanced Disclosure obtained through the Disclosure and Barring Service. The Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.