Social Worker - Children in Care Team
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Sand Martin House, Fletton Quays, Peterborough
£32,234 to £39,880
Tight teams, low caseloads, life changing results. It’s a bold statement to make.
Join the Corporate Parenting Service at Peterborough City Council and experience it for yourself.
Corporate parenting in Peterborough is genuinely aspirational for the children it is responsible for. Our service has a strong and supportive identity and we are passionate about your development as a social worker. The management team is well established and stable, and you will be joining colleagues who have been committed to Peterborough for a long time. Staff surveys and the OFSTED report in 2018 repeatedly say it is a great place to work. And we believe it is.
We are proud to be a service that cares about children and is working hard to promote good practice and outcomes for children, and for those we employ.
Having achieved ‘Good’ in our 2018 Ofsted inspection we have firmly set our sights on ‘Outstanding’, and are looking for passionate and committed social workers to join us in working towards that goal.
The successful candidate will have:
• Excellent skills in direct work with children and young people
• A commitment to robust and timely permanence planning
• A proven ability of promoting good health and educational achievement
• Excellent interpersonal skills to develop positive relationships as the key foundations to a successful future
• A degree in social care
• Current SWE registration
In return we can offer you:
• A competitive *salary plus generous retention payments
• Bespoke training and CDP, tailored to your specific needs.
• Excellent pension scheme
• Agile working
• Superb career progression opportunities
• A supportive and compassionate team with a great sense of community
*salary grade subject to experience
If you would love to work for an authority that will genuinely love you back, apply today.
This is a rolling campaign, and we will review applications daily so please don't wait for the closing date to apply. Candidates will be progressed shortly after they apply, and the opportunity will be filled as soon as we identify a suitable candidate, which may be before the closing date. So please don't hesitate, we want to speak to you now!
Appointment to this post will be subject to the outcome of an Enhanced Disclosure obtained through the Disclosure and Barring Service. The Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.