Senior Practitioner - Children Family Safeguarding Team
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Sand Martin House, Fletton Quays, Peterborough
£39,880 to £43,857
Tight teams, low caseloads, life changing results. It’s a bold statement to make.
Join our Family Safeguarding teams at Peterborough City Council and experience it for yourself.
In 2017 Peterborough implemented The Strengthening Families, Protecting Children - Family Safeguarding approach which improves outcomes for vulnerable children and young people by involving multi-disciplinary teams in children’s social care. Family Safeguarding has resulted in significantly better outcomes for some of the most vulnerable and at risk children. Find out just how successful it’s been here:
With the support of a multi-disciplinary team including adult mental health, drug and alcohol recovery and adult domestic abuse workers, the Safeguarding team manages complex caseloads of Children in Need, Children in need of Protection, Public Law Outline and care proceedings.
The successful candidate will have:
• Excellent skills in direct work with children and young people
• A commitment to robust and timely permanence planning
• A proven ability of promoting good health and educational achievement
• Excellent interpersonal skills to develop positive relationships as the key foundations to a successful future
• A degree in social care
• Current SWE registration
In return we can offer you:
• A competitive *salary plus generous retention payments
• Bespoke training and CDP, tailored to your specific needs.
• Excellent pension scheme
• Agile working
• Superb career progression opportunities
• A supportive and compassionate team with a great sense of community.
* salary grade subject to experience
If you would love to work for an authority that will genuinely love you back, apply today.
This is a rolling campaign, and we will review applications daily so please don't wait for the closing date to apply. Candidates will be progressed shortly after they apply, and the opportunity will be filled as soon as we identify a suitable candidate, which may be before the closing date. So please don't hesitate, we want to speak to you now!
Appointment to this post will be subject to the outcome of an Enhanced Disclosure obtained through the Disclosure and Barring Service. The Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.