Residential Support Worker
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Clare Lodge, Glinton, PE6 7AW
£24,151 - £27,742 (inclusive of shift allowance)
If you are empathetic and passionate about helping young people, we have an exciting opportunity for you to join our team.
Clare Lodge is a secure, welfare only, all-female children’s home based in Glinton, Peterborough. The young people at Clare Lodge are given individualised support based on their complex needs.
As part of our team, you will provide care and support while being a role model and advocate for our young people.
The skills you need:
• Empathy and a passion for helping young people – responding effectively to a range of emotions.
• Ability to build positive relationships.
• Good Interpersonal and communication skills, report writing and incident recording skills.
• Willing to work 2 out of 3 weekends and bank holidays.
• Willing to do overnight stays (sleep-ins on a rota basis).
• The role requires you to be able to take part in physical activities.
• To be over the age of 21 to apply for this role.
• We offer a robust induction programme, full training and continuous learning and development – previous experience is desired but not essential as all training is provided.
• Shift rotas planned well in advance. Shift patterns are 7:30 – 16:00 and 13:30 – 22:00.
• Additional sleep-in allowance paid.
• Meals provided on shift.
• The opportunity to pick up overtime shifts (paid at time and a half and double on Sundays).
• Free onsite parking.
• 24 days of annual leave per year plus bank holiday entitlement.
• Appointment to this post will be subject to the outcome of an Enhanced Disclosure obtained through the Disclosure and Barring Service – which will be provided and paid for by Peterborough City Council.
If you are looking for an exciting new opportunity - apply today!
To discuss the role or for more information call Steve McFaden on 01733 253246 between 8.30 -16:00 Monday to Friday.
This is a rolling advert and applications will be reviewed frequently, so please don't wait for the closing date to apply. We promise that candidates will be progressed shortly after their application is received. So please don't hesitate, we want to speak to you today.
Please note you must be over the age of 21 to apply for this role.
The Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
We are proud to serve the diverse communities of Peterborough and want our workforce to reflect this diversity, which we believe is beneficial for our employees, the organisation and the communities we serve.