Residential Care Worker (with £5000 golden hello payment)
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
£26,210.72 to £29,801.64 (inclusive of shift allowance)
This is an exciting opportunity for you to join our team, that includes a ‘Golden Hello’ of £5000 and a yearly retention payment of £2000. If you are empathetic and passionate about helping young people, then this could be the opportunity for you.
Clare Lodge is a secure, welfare only, all-female children’s home based in Glinton, Peterborough. The young people at Clare Lodge are given individualised support based on their complex needs.
As part of our team, you will provide care and support while being a role model and advocate for our young people.
We are therefore inviting self-motivated, dynamic people with excellent communication and interpersonal skills to join our proactive, professional care team. If you are a person who would like to be a part of our future and can meet this challenge, we welcome your interest in this post with us – please apply today!
All posts include shift working Shift patterns are 7:30 – 16:30 and 13:00 – 22:00 with alternate weekends off.
The successful applicants will receive a comprehensive induction programme and are assured that they will receive appropriate support.
The skills you need:
• Empathy and a passion for helping young people – responding effectively to a range of emotions.
• Ability to build positive relationships.
• Prior knowledge of child protection issues and procedures and an understanding of the
development needs of children and young people are desirable but not essential.
• Good Interpersonal and communication skills, report writing and incident recording skills.
• Willing to work every other weekend and bank holidays.
• Willing to do overnight stays (sleep-ins on a rota basis).
• The role requires you to be able to take part in physical activities.
• To be over the age of 21 to apply for this role.
• Golden Hello paid in two instalments of £2.5K (at start of career and 2nd on successful completion of 6 month probation period)
• Yearly retention payment of £2K per annum subject to performance
• We offer a robust induction programme, full training and continuous learning and development – previous experience of working in a childcare environment is desired but not essential as all training is provided.
• Sleep-in allowance paid.
• Meals provided on shift.
• Free onsite parking.
• 25 days of annual leave per year plus bank holiday entitlement.
If you are looking for an exciting new opportunity - apply today!
To discuss the role or for more information call Steve McFaden on 01733 253246 between 8.30 -16:00 Monday to Friday.
This is a rolling advert and applications will be reviewed frequently, so please don't wait for the closing date to apply. We promise that candidates will be progressed shortly after their application is received. So please don't hesitate, we want to speak to you today.
Please note you must be over the age of 21 to apply for this role.
The Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
We are proud to serve the diverse communities of Peterborough and want our workforce to reflect this diversity, which we believe is beneficial for our employees, the organisation and the communities we serve
Appointment to this post will be subject to the outcome of an Enhanced Disclosure obtained through the Disclosure and Barring Service. The Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.