Psychology Assistant Grade 6 - Fixed term until 31st August 2023
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Sand Martin House
£20,444 to 22,571
You will be part of our Educational Psychology team in Peterborough. The overall purpose of the post is to:
· Assist the Educational Psychology Service (EPS) in the delivery of core services and early intervention work in schools, early years and other settings, which can also enable the post-holder to develop a range of experience and skills in preparation for training as an Educational Psychologist on a credited doctorate course.
Requirements of the post :
· Applicants should have at least a 2:1 honours degree in Psychology that makes them eligible for the Graduate Basis for Chartered Membership of the British Psychological Society;
· Experience of working directly with families, children and young people with Special Educational Needs within the age range of 0-25, for example experience of teaching, working in a school as a Teaching Assistant, youth work, mentoring, mental health support or experience working as an Psychology Assistant in another Local Authority;
· Ability to demonstrate a knowledge of children's development;
· Ability to demonstrate a knowledge of a wide range of psychological perspectives and how they can be applied in an educational setting;
· To be a competent user of Information Communication and Technology (ICT: hardware and software) including use of internet and email, Microsoft office packages / Google packages
including word, excel and powerpoint. To input information into excel / google sheets and summarise information;
· Demonstrate knowledge about Educational Psychology with relevant legislation and developments regarding education, particularly for children and young people who have SEND;
· High levels of effective communication skills, both oral and written. As part of your application, you are required to complete the DBS Additional Job Application Data document attached to this vacancy.
CVs will not be accepted for this post.
For an informal discussion or further information please contact our Principal Educational Psychologist Alison at Alison.firstname.lastname@example.org or Senior Educational Psychologist Zobiah at email@example.com
Appointment to this post will be subject to the outcome of an Enhanced Disclosure obtained through the Disclosure and Barring Service. The Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
We are proud to serve the diverse communities of Cambridgeshire/Peterborough and want our workforce to reflect this diversity, which we believe is beneficial for our employees, the organisation and the communities we serve.
Closing date: 19th October 2022
Interview date: 25th October 2022