National Citizen Service Casual Youth Support Workers
Casual / Seasonal / Bank
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 19/09/2021 23:59
Sand Martin House
£ 9.39 - £10.63 per hour
0 hour contract
We are looking for enthusiastic, dynamic and passionate individuals with experience of working
with and engaging young people.
You will be employed to support a team of young people on their 6 day NCS journey with the
opportunity to earn between up to £500 depending on role and experience. The dates for the programme are 18th - 23rd October.
We will be recruiting both lead and support workers for our programmes who can demonstrate:
- Belief in young people and in helping them take more active roles in their communities.
- Experience working directly with teams of young people (either in voluntary or paid
capacity), including some with challenging behaviour.
- Experience of facilitating small group discussions and reflecting on learning.
- Well organised.
- Sound judgement and a responsible attitude.
- Rapport and empathy with young people.
- Interested in young people’s personal development.
- Able to lead and work as part of a team.
- Strong interpersonal & communication skills.
- Success in managing and motivating people in challenging environments.
The National Citizen Service is the governments flagship youth development programme for
15 - 17 year olds with over 500,000 participants so far and over 10,000 team leaders help make it happen every year.
Appointment to this post will be subject to the outcome of an Enhanced Disclosure obtained through the Disclosure and Barring Service. The Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
We are proud to serve the diverse communities of Cambridgeshire/Peterborough and want our workforce to reflect this diversity, which we believe is beneficial for our employees, the organisation and the communities we serve.
This job is closed for applications.