National Citizen Service - Casual Youth Support Worker
Casual / Seasonal / Bank
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Sand Martin House
£ 9.39 - £10.63 per hour
0 hour contract
Do you have the skills to engage and inspire a team of young people?
We are looking for enthusiastic, dynamic and passionate individuals with experience of working
with and engaging young people.
You will be employed to support a team of young people on their 2/3 week journey with the
opportunity to earn between £1200 to £1500 per team you deliver, depending on role and
We will be recruiting both lead and support workers for our programmes who can demonstrate:
- Belief in young people and in helping them take more active roles in their communities.
- Experience working directly with teams of young people (either in voluntary or paid
capacity), including some with challenging behaviour.
- Experience of facilitating small group discussions and reflecting on learning.
- Well organised.
- Sound judgement and a responsible attitude.
- Rapport and empathy with young people.
- Interested in young people’s personal development.
- Able to lead and work as part of a team.
- Strong interpersonal & communication skills.
- Success in managing and motivating people in challenging environments.
The National Citizen Service is the governments flagship youth development programme for
15 - 17 year olds with over 600,000 participants so far and over 10,000 team leaders help make it happen every year.