Family Group Conference Manager
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 29/10/2020 23:59
£38,447 - £41,412
Team Manager Family Group Conference
We currently have 1 full time, permanent, Family Group Conference Team Manager post.
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of the implementation of a brand new service to Cambridgeshire and Peterborough.
We are seeking to recruit a strong, highly motivated Manager for this key role who will lead the development of the Family Group Conference (FGC) Service within Children’s Services, across Cambridgeshire and Peterborough.
As a Manager for the FGC you will support, coach and mentor staff by providing a clear and responsive practice leadership role in Family Group Conference work including modelling best practice, promoting and ensuring the highest professional standards are maintained throughout areas of responsibility.
• To ensure that FGCs are used as a positive, preventative or early intervention measure as well as facilitating children returning home from Care.
• To quality assure services ensuring that the service allows families to actively participate in key decisions and plans, and ensuring that they are implemented with the best interest of the child at the centre, and improving life changes and outcomes.
• Provide leadership and direction to FGC staff; setting out the Team’s goals; conveying how they support the fundamental purpose of the council and energise staff towards their achievement.
• To ensure effective leadership, supervision and management of the FGC coordinators and other staff associated with FGC.
• Manage direct spend and staffing budgets maximising service provision but ensuring spend remains within allocated resources.
To succeed in this role you will need:
• To be educated to degree level. If relying on a social work qualification, you will be required to be registered with the HCPC.
• Experience of effective management of complex meetings, including those with professionals, parents and children.
• The successful candidate will be able to develop and maintain excellent working relationships with health and social care and Council colleagues; external organisations in the health and voluntary sector and other local authorities to ensure an integrated and holistic approach.
• You will also need to have sound communication skills and be able to work collaboratively and in partnership with customers, families/carers and the wider community.
If you have any questions about the roles please contact:
Julie Boot (Julie.email@example.com) on 01480 377685 and Lyanne Aldridge (Lyanne.firstname.lastname@example.org) on 01480 379656
The closing date for applications is midday on Thursday 29th October. Interviews will be held on Wednesday 11th or Friday 13th of November in Huntingdon.
To apply please visit https://www.publicsectorjobseast.co.uk/Family%20Group%20Conference%20Manager-Huntingdon?jobId=21851&JobIndex=1&categoryList=&minsal=0&maxsal=200000&workingpattern=&keywords=21851&employee=-1&postcode=&Distance=20&AdvertiseOn=2
This job is closed for applications.