Continuing Healthcare Social Worker
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Sand Martin House
£32,798 to £36,371
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a qualified Social Worker to join Peterborough City Council’s Continuing Healthcare team, on a permanent full-time basis.
The successful candidate will Work in partnership with Cambridgeshire and Peterborough Clinical Commissioning Group to identify and determine individual’s eligibility for NHS Continuing Healthcare through joint completion of the NHS Continuing Healthcare process.
The role involves completing Care Act 2014 Assessments, Reviews, Mental Capacity Act 2005 Assessments and Best interest Decisions (where applicable) identifying individuals needs and supporting the Multidisciplinary teams’ recommendation on eligibility for NHS Continuing Healthcare. Where individuals are not eligible for NHS Continuing Healthcare but are eligible for care and support from Peterborough City Council in line with the Care Act 2014, the successful candidate will implement, this.
The successful candidate will support Peterborough City Council’s Adult Social Care workforce to improve their confidence, skills, and knowledge in relation to NHS Continuing Healthcare. Providing, training, coaching, mentoring and advice to staff in relation to the National Framework for NHS Continuing Healthcare and NHS Funded Nursing Care (2018).
As well as supporting the Adult Social Care workforce, the role also involves supporting the Council’s Children’s workforce in relation to the interface between the Adults National Framework for NHS Continuing Healthcare and NHS Funded Nursing Care (2018) and the National Framework for Children and Young People’s Continuing Care (2016).
In addition to the responsibilities outlined above and in the Job Description as this is a specialist role the position holder will have the following additional responsibilities:
• To Act as the Local Authority representative at Local Resolution panels, cascading learning in relation to appeals.
• To represent the Local Authority at any other panel or forum in relation to NHS Continuing Healthcare or Children and Young People’s Continuing Care.
• Assist in the delivery of training across the County in relation to NHS Continuing Healthcare and Children and Young People’s Continuing Care.
• To provide critical analysis of information and write reports of the standard required for Court.
- Are passionate about social Justice and NHS Continuing Healthcare
- A qualified Social Worker, registered with Social Work England
- Hold a full driver’s licence and willing to travel for work
- Willing to learn and be flexible in your approach
- Experienced in NHS Continuing Healthcare
We can offer you:
• Occupational pension scheme with employer contribution
• Generous annual leave provision
• Comprehensive employee discounts scheme
• Employee Assistance Programme – access to free support 24 hours a day
• Lease car scheme
• Payment for business mileage expenses
• Work life balance and flexible ways of working
For an informal discussion please contact Strategic Continuing Healthcare Manager, Kimberly O’Leary on 07780228017 or E-mail: Kimberly.O’Leary@Cambridgeshire.gov.uk
Appointment to this post will be subject to the outcome of an Enhanced Disclosure obtained through the Disclosure and Barring Service. The Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
We are proud to serve the diverse communities of Peterborough and want our workforce to reflect this diversity, which we believe is beneficial for our employees, the organisation and the communities we serve.