0-25 Disability Service Social Worker - Transitions Team
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 10/08/2020 10:00
Sand Martin House
£31,371 to £34,788
We have an exciting opportunity to join the Peterborough City Council 0-25 Disability Service as a Transitions Social Worker.
We are looking for a Qualified Social Work Practitioner to work with children and young adults who have complex disabilities and needs, within our specialist service. The successful candidate will need to have knowledge and experience in supporting the children and young adults who access our service. In return we offer an in depth induction alongside ongoing training, development and support.
This is an amazing opportunity to be part of the ever-growing service with people who are passionate about supporting children and vulnerable adults with varying complexities, offering support and guidance during period of crisis.
The successful candidate will have experience or knowledge of ;
• Supporting people who are undergoing Transitions from children to adults
• Experience of undertaking C & F Assessments, The Children’s Act 1989 and The Care Act 2014
• CIN/CP Planning and Review
• Leaving Care support
• Establishing appropriate care packages which are reviewed in line with their needs and development
• 0 -25 Special Education Needs and Disability (SEND Agenda)
• Community Support and assisting families to access activities and services
• Advice and advocating
• Capacity Assessments, Adult Safeguarding, Children’s Safeguarding, Best Interest, Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards.
In return we can offer:
• A competitive salary*
• A relocation package up to £8,000 (T&C’s apply)
• Excellent pension scheme
• Agile working
• Bespoke training and career progression opportunities
• Working as part of a supportive and compassionate team with a great sense of community.
*Salary grade subject to experience
This post is subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check at an enhanced level.
This role offers autonomy around where you work from, arranging your agile day and planning with families. Guidance and support from the Line manager and the whole team at any point if and when required. The 0-25 Disability Service works hard to maintain a respectful, genuine, dedicated, collaborative environment and values each members view. We welcome all applications from candidates who are keen to be a part of your service even if you feel you meet some the criteria and we are proud to be a Disability Confident employer.
Please contact Team Manager, Emma Kavanagh at email@example.com for more information.
To apply, please click on the link below and attach your CV
This job is closed for applications.