Newly Qualified Social Worker
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Sand Martin House, Peterborough
Come and join us in Peterborough as a Newly Qualified Social Worker.
Peterborough City Council delivers a structured and supported ASYE programme, which aims to focus on the consolidation of learning from social work training and the development of the skills and confidence to meet the demands of the social worker role.
At Peterborough City Council, we are proud of our close and cooperative work environment. Here, you'll have the chance to form strong, supportive relationships with your colleagues. We seek to foster an environment where your opinions and ideas are not just heard but valued. Experience the satisfaction of knowing that your voice has a direct impact on decision making processes.
Be a driving force in positive change and witness the tangible results of your efforts in the lives of those around you.
Ready to be part of something special? Apply now to become a vital and valued member of PCC, where your professional journey will make a difference.
· A competitive pay starting at £36,648 increasing to £37,336, once you have successfully completed your Assessed and Supported Year of Employment (ASYE) programme.
· Reimbursement of Social Work England professional registration fees,
· Generous relocation package of up to £8,000
· Hybrid working.
· Staff recognition and celebration events
Other generous benefits including:
· 25 days annual leave with the option to purchase additional days, annual leave increases after 5 and 10 years. After 5 years' service this rises to 30 days.
· Attractive defined benefit pension scheme.
· Access to a variety of discounts across a range of shops
· Lifestyle Savings
· Home and Electronics
· Cycle to Work
· Bike Shop
· Employee Assistance Programme (EAP), 24/7, 365 days helpline.
· Health & Wellbeing –
· Gym Membership
· Travel and Leisure
Please come and join us – applications close on 10 March and interviews will be in person in Peterborough on 19 and 20 March.
Appointment to this post will be subject to the outcome of an Enhanced Disclosure obtained through the Disclosure and Barring Service. The Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment