Browse by Jobs
Advanced Job Search
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 29/02/2024 23:59
Sand Martin House
(£46,525 – £56,540, plus up to 3 SPA points £61,848)
We are delighted to be offering this exciting opportunity for Educational Psychologists (EPs) to join our friendly and dynamic Educational Psychology Service (EPS) in Peterborough City Council.
We are looking for a qualified Educational Psychologist who is registered with the HCPC.
Applications from candidates undergoing year 2 or 3 of doctoral training or who wish to work part-time are welcomed.
The role is subject to the DBS Additional Job Application Data document available online.
About our service
• The EPS is a vibrant and caring team that is well regarded within the Local Authority (LA) and other stakeholders, and is well placed within the SEN and Inclusion Service.
• We are currently building capacity in the service to meet demand and to develop innovative practice in the LA.
• Alongside EHCNAs the EPS prioritises protected delivery of traded services for all non-statutory work and offers centralised traded training with exciting opportunities to develop expertise offering EPs a variety of work.
• All EPs are involved in our accredited ELSA training or supervision program, for which we have been awarded the ELSA Quality Mark.
• We have an established consultation model of service delivery that values the application of psychology, innovative practice and professional integrity and provides variety in the work of our EPs. We place emphasis on the importance of professional judgement and are using a wide range of tools and approaches for different levels of work to deliver services at the early stages of intervention.
• Peterborough EPS prioritises continuous professional development to promote up-to-date professional practice of a high standard. We maintain strong links with universities. We offer opportunities to develop a wide range of expertise across all EPs, including supervision of TEPs, ELSAs and EBSA to encourage and support career progression in the service.
• We work closely with our Trainees, an Assistant Educational Psychologist and a Psychology Assistant to promote access to psychology across the city.
• We have an open access service for parents/carers and young people, including bookable community consultations.
• We offer an Employee Benefits Scheme, VIVUP – with a range of exciting savings including on holidays, home electronic equipment and appliances and local discounts.
• We have family friendly policies including a flexible working hours scheme which allows for the ability to accrue 8 hours of flexi-time per month.
• 30 days annual leave annually, rising to 31 days after 10 years and 32 days after 15 years of continuous service, plus additional bank holidays.
• The council offer a relocation package, as per policy.
• The EPS supports agile working through full IT provision and modern office accommodation.
• Peterborough City Council will reimburse HCPC registration fee at the point of renewal.
• Peterborough is a vibrant city which has good rail links to London (only 45 minutes) and other major cities.
You will be:
• Able to embrace our consultation service delivery model and contribute positively, building and shaping high quality service bringing a new dimension to the service that we will nurture and develop further.
• Able to develop and deliver training to schools and settings applying up to date theory and research.
• An effective communicator, have sound knowledge about current practice in Educational Psychology and legislation concerning special educational needs and be competent in the delivery of training to a wide range of audiences.
• Able to support schools to deliver the graduated approach for children, young people and young adults, who may have Special Educational Needs and others about whom there may be a concern as outlined in the Code of Practice 2014.
• We particularly welcome all people regardless of age, race, gender, religion, sexuality or disability.
For an informal discussion or further information please contact Alison Tolson (PEP)
No internet access?
Please telephone 01733 747474 between 9am and 5pm (Monday - Friday).
We are proud to serve the diverse communities of Peterborough and want our workforce to reflect this diversity, which we believe is beneficial for our employees, the organisation, and the communities we serve.
Appointment to this post will be subject to the outcome of an Enhanced Disclosure obtained through the Disclosure and Barring Service. The Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This job is closed for applications.
Job Description EP Scale A EP January 2024.pdf
Scale A Educational Psychologist Person Specification January 2024.pdf
Terms and Conditions Ed Psy Soulbury Mar2019 (5).pdf
Enter your email address