Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 26/11/2023 23:59
Sand Martin House Peterborough
£38,296 - £42,503
Peterborough is one of the fastest growing cities in Britain with many exciting opportunities and amenities, including a new university, world class digital infrastructure, well maintained parks and many tourist attractions. Peterborough City Council has ambitious plans to support inclusive and sustainable growth, wellbeing and opportunity for all, with recently re-designed priorities and values.
As a Senior Auditor you will have a key role in providing assurance on the governance, control and risk management arrangements that ensure we achieve our priorities effectively and efficiently within a challenging financial environment.
We have two full time vacancies but would be willing to consider part time working for the right candidate. In this role you will:
· take responsibility for delivering audit assignments across a wide range of council activities, including financial systems, procurement and contracts, projects, partnerships, Information Technology, social care, education and many more.
· carry out audits working on your own or as part of a small team, from initial planning and designing work programmes through to writing reports. This will include liaising with clients, assessing risks and evaluating controls.
· make innovative suggestions for improvements and provide advice and consultancy services that add value to the council and help to improve governance, risk management and control.
We are ideally looking for an experienced auditor who is part qualified or working towards a professional qualification (IIA or CCAB). However, if you can demonstrate substantial experience and skills in a related profession, such as inspection, quality assurance, governance, risk management or compliance and would be willing to study to gain an audit qualification, we would like to hear from you. Expertise within contract management, information technology or project management would also be of interest.
The successful candidate will be a self-starter, with and enquiring mind and the ability to prioritise and plan work to meet deadlines. A confident communicator, both verbally and in writing, you will have the ability to challenge the status quo and to suggest changes in a positive manner. You will be able to demonstrate attention to detail whilst understanding the impact on the broader picture.
As you may be required to visit sites within Peterborough, the ability to transport yourself around the city is important.
We offer generous benefits including:
· 25 days paid leave, increasing with service to 32, plus bank holidays.
· Flexible working arrangements, including flexi-time, part time and hybrid working.
· Local government pension scheme.
· An employee benefits platform offering staff discounts.
· A volunteering scheme.
· An Equality, Diversity and Inclusion staff network.
· A comprehensive wellbeing package, including mental health first aiders and access to an Employee Assistance Programme.
· Modern, welcoming office base with nearby parking and close to city centre
This job is closed for applications.