Social Worker for Children in Care Team
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Sand Martin House
£34,723 to £38,296
Peterborough City Council’s Children in Care Service are looking for a Social Worker to join the team.
The post offers the chance to contribute to high quality service delivery, further develop strong partnership and cross service working and innovate and build on the good practice that is already in place.
In addition, we can offer you:
· A competitive *salary plus generous retention payments
· A relocation package up to £8,000 (T&Cs apply)
· Excellent pension scheme
· Agile working
· Superb career progression opportunities
· A wide range of training and CDP
· Flexible Working Arrangements inc. 9 day working fortnight
· Generous Annual Leave
* salary grade subject to experience
Working within the children in care teams you will develop relationships with children, who are looked after, focusing on their progress and ensuring the have the support they require.
Social workers, within the children in care teams, work with the leaving care team, where they assist young people with the transition to adulthood and living independently.
We have stable and supportive management team who are aspirational for children in care. The team are compassionate with a great sense of community.
An Ofsted focused visit in Summer 2021 found:
· ‘The local authority’s quality of placement matching is an area of strength'.
· ‘Senior leaders and social workers understand children's experiences' and consider 'their views, needs, wishes and feelings'. In addition, social workers apply 'thoughtful and thorough placement planning and help carers understand children's needs'.
· Senior leaders have a 'clear understanding and knowledge of practices, experiences, and children's progress in care'.
· Social workers have manageable caseloads and are equipped with the tools needed, including suitable technology.
The successful candidate will have:
· A social work qualification and current SWE registration
· A good understanding of the legislative and regulatory frameworks of multi-agency statutory children’s services.
· Excellent interpersonal skills including being able to work directly with children of all ages.
· An understanding of the importance of stability for Looked After Children and ability to progress Care Plans.
· Good self-awareness and ability to be reflective.
· Great team working skills.
If you would like to discuss any aspect of this role, please do not hesitate to get in touch with Lauren Smith, Team Manager, 07920160373
This is a rolling campaign, and we will review applications daily so please don't wait for the closing date to apply. Candidates will be progressed shortly after they apply, and the opportunity will be filled as soon as we identify a suitable candidate, which may be before the closing date. So please don't hesitate, apply today.
Appointment to this post will be subject to the outcome of an Enhanced Disclosure obtained through the Disclosure and Barring Service. The Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
We are proud to serve the diverse communities of Peterborough and want our workforce to reflect this diversity, which we believe is beneficial for our employees, the organisation and the communities we serve.