Team Manager Family Safeguarding
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Sand Martin House
£50,616 to £55,895
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Team Manager, or Senior Practitioner who is looking for promotion to within the Family Safeguarding Service for Peterborough City Council, an authority judged good in their last Ofsted Inspection.
Family Safeguarding is the practice model used within Peterborough and was officially launched in January 2018. This model has received positive national coverage and recognition from the Department for Education; and is being rolled out in more local authorities. The feedback from staff, families and partners agencies is that the Family Safeguarding model empowers social workers, adult practitioners and other staff to work with families in a strengths-based way and the focus is to keep children safely within their families. To find out more about the practice please click this link here https://bit.ly/3rnTS8B
The post offers the chance to contribute to high quality service delivery, further develop strong partnership/cross service working and in collaboration with the social workers innovate and build on the good practice that is already in place.
“Peterborough values me… it’s a compassionate organisation that genuinely values its workers”
“I feel safe in my practice, I feel safe to say I think I might have got this wrong”
“We can be really effective in the work that we do and the outcomes we achieve for children – that makes it worth getting up in the morning”.
Just some of the responses received from our worker’s. Does this sound like an environment where you could make a real difference? Join our children’s social care teams at Peterborough City Council and experience it for yourself.
Having achieved ‘Good’ in our 2018 Ofsted inspection, which we maintained through our focussed visit in June 2021, and we have firmly set our sights on ‘Outstanding’ and are looking for passionate and committed individuals to join us to help us achieve this.
Join an experienced and dedicated management team working to ensure the best interests are achieved for children and their families.
The successful candidate will have:
• A degree in social care with significant demonstrable post qualification experience and current SWE registration
• An expert understanding of the legislative and regulatory regime of multi-agency statutory
• Version: 5 Date Issued: September 2020 Review Date: March 2021
• children’s services and the designated specialist portfolio for the role, together with an understanding of the framework within which Local Authorities operate.
• Knowledge of how to recognise political context of social care and respond appropriately at management level.
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Leadership and management experience within a relevant service context
• Experience of leading change within an organisation
• High motivation, energy and personal drive, resilient and demonstrating highly developed emotional intelligence and self-awareness
• Successfully working to a budget in a demanding public arena
• In return we can offer you:
• A competitive salary plus generous retention payments
• A relocation package up to £8,000 (T&C’s apply)
• Excellent pension scheme
• Agile working
This is a rolling campaign, and we will review applications daily so please don't wait for the closing date to apply. Candidates will be progressed shortly after they apply, and the opportunity will be filled as soon as we identify a suitable candidate, which may be before the closing date. So please don't hesitate, apply today.
Appointment to this post will be subject to the outcome of an Enhanced Disclosure obtained through the Disclosure and Barring Service. The Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
We are proud to serve the diverse communities of Peterborough and want our workforce to reflect this diversity, which we believe is beneficial for our employees, the organisation and the communities we serve.