Senior Practitioner (Part time 18.5hrs per week) – Transitions Team. 0-25 Disability Service.
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Sand Martin House, Fletton Quays, Peterborough
£40,578 to £44,624 pro rata
We have an exciting opportunity to join the Peterborough City Council 0-25 Disability Service Transitions Team as a Senior Practitioner on a part time, permanent contract of 18.5hrs per week.
We are looking for a Qualified Social Work Practitioner to work with children and young adults who have complex disabilities and needs, within our specialist service. The successful candidate will need to have knowledge and experience in supporting the children and young adults who access our service. In return we offer an in depth induction alongside ongoing training, development and support.
This is an amazing opportunity to be part of the ever-growing service with people who are passionate about supporting children and vulnerable adults with varying complexities, offering support and guidance during period of crisis.
The successful candidate will have experience and/or knowledge of ;
• Capacity Assessments, Adult Safeguarding, Children’s Safeguarding, Best Interest, Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards, including completion of COPDOLs applications.
• Supporting people who are undergoing Transitions from children to adults
• Experience of undertaking C & F Assessments, The Children’s Act 1989 and The Care Act 2014
• CIN/CP Planning and Review
• Leaving Care support
• Establishing appropriate care packages which are reviewed in line with their needs and development
• 0 -25 Special Education Needs and Disability (SEND Agenda)
• Community Support and assisting families to access activities and services
• Advice and advocating
The successful candidate will need to be able to travel independently between locations including out of county areas on occasions.
In return we can offer:
• A competitive salary*
• Agile working
• Bespoke training and career progression opportunities
• Working as part of a supportive and compassionate team with a great sense of community.
This post is available from 7th November 2022.
This role offers autonomy around where you work from, arranging your agile day and planning with families. Guidance and support from the Line manager and the whole team at any point if and when required. The 0-25 Disability Service works hard to maintain a respectful, genuine, dedicated, collaborative environment and values each members view. We welcome all applications from candidates who are keen to be a part of your service even if you feel you meet some the criteria and we are proud to be a Disability Confident employer.
Please contact Team Manager, Anita Dunk at email@example.com for more information.
This is a rolling campaign, and we will review applications daily so please don't wait for the closing date to apply. Candidates will be progressed shortly after they apply, and the opportunity will be filled as soon as we identify a suitable candidate, which may be before the closing date. So please don't hesitate, apply today.
Appointment to this post will be subject to the outcome of an Enhanced Disclosure obtained through the Disclosure and Barring Service. The Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
We are proud to serve the diverse communities of Peterborough and want our workforce to reflect this diversity, which we believe is beneficial for our employees, the organisation and the communities we serve.