Housing Solutions Officer
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Sand Martin House, Peterborough
£32,798 to £36,371
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the Housing Needs Team.
We are looking for a highly motivated individual with an interest in housing and customer service, to join our busy front line housing advice service.
You will be responsible for:
• Giving detailed housing advice to the residents of the city both face to face and on the telephone.
• Supporting Households who are homeless or threatened with homelessness to retain or secure accommodation in order to prevent their homelessness.
• Processing and assessing applications from households who present to the council as homeless or threatened with homelessness
• Assessing applicants’ priorities on the Peterborough Housing Register
• Assisting households in securing suitable accommodation in the private sector
• Assisting in the delivery of the Peterborough Homes Choice Based Lettings Scheme.
Ideally you will have a detailed knowledge of social housing and homelessness. Excellent customer service skills, organisational skills and the ability to work as part of a team. You will also have experience of dealing with challenging customers with multiple needs and be able to work in a busy front-line environment.
This is a Fixed Term Contact until 31st March 2023
We are proud to serve the diverse communities of Cambridgeshire/Peterborough and want our workforce to reflect this diversity, which we believe is beneficial for our employees, the organisation and the communities we serve.