Senior Practitioner - Leaving Care Service
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Sand Martin House, Peterborough
£40,578 to £44,624
Join us as a Senior Practitioner in our Leaving Care service at Peterborough City Council, an authority judged good in their last Ofsted Inspection. Whether you are an experienced senior practitioner looking for a fresh challenge or a social worker who's ready for the next step in their career, then we want to hear from you!
The post offers the chance to contribute to high quality service delivery, further develop strong partnership working and in collaboration with the social workers innovate and build on the good practice that is already in place.
We can offer you:
- A competitive salary plus generous retention payments
- A relocation package up to £8,000 (T&C’s apply)
- Excellent pension scheme
- A wide range of training and CPD
- Flexible working arrangements inc. 9 day working fortnight
- Agile working
- Career progression opportunities
- Employee assistance programme and well-established mental health and well-being
Here are just some of the responses we had from our social workers when we asked them why they love working here:
“Peterborough values me… it’s a compassionate organisation that genuinely values its workers”
“I feel safe in my practice, I feel safe to say I think I might have got this wrong”
“We can be really effective in the work that we do and the outcomes we achieve for children – that makes it worth getting up in the morning”.
Does this sound like an environment where you could make a real difference? If the answer is yes, then join a team with experienced and dedicated management who are working to ensure the best interests are achieved for children and their families.
The successful candidate will have:
• A degree in social care with significant demonstrable post qualification experience and current SWE registration
• An expert understanding of the legislative and regulatory regime of multi-agency statutory children’s services
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• High motivation, energy and personal drive
For further information about the role or the Leaving Care Service please contact Nikki Hanks, Team Manager on 07551056978.
This is a rolling campaign, and we will review applications daily so please don't wait for the closing date to apply. Candidates will be progressed shortly after they apply, and the opportunity will be filled as soon as we identify a suitable candidate, which may be before the closing date. So please don't hesitate, apply today!
We are proud to serve the diverse communities of Peterborough and want our workforce to reflect this diversity, which we believe is beneficial for our employees, the organisation, and the communities we serve.
Appointment to this post will be subject to the outcome of an Enhanced Disclosure obtained through the Disclosure and Barring Service. The Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.