Kitchen Assistant – Part-time
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 17/08/2022 23:59
Clare Lodge, Glinton
£9.50 – £9.59 per hour
We have the opportunity for a Kitchen Assistant to join our busy catering team at Clare Lodge. 18.5 hours a week, hours include 1 weekend in 3.
To assist the Cook to provide a balanced, nutritious and attractively presented range of food stuffs and beverages for the Home. The successful candidate will ideally have experience, however full training will be given:
Key Responsibilities are:
• To prepare trollies for meal times
• Assist the Cook to prepare meals
• Carryout cleaning tasks to ensure the kitchen is hygienically clean, tidy and floor mopped
• Load the dishwasher and / or wash up by hand as required
• To assist in putting away supplies delivered to the Home promptly
• Receive returned trollies for checking and clearing
• Disposing of kitchen waste
• To be aware of the special diets that may be required
Candidates should be self-motivated, able to work independently when required, organised, committed and have a flexible approach.
Due to the village location own transportation would be ideal, however we are on a bus route.
Clare Lodge is a Traded Service of Peterborough City Council and therefore benefits from a competitive salary, local government pension, Wellbeing Support and Annual Leave Allowance.
Appointment to this post will be subject to the outcome of an Enhanced Disclosure obtained through the Disclosure and Barring Service. The Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
We are proud to serve the diverse communities of Peterborough and want our workforce to reflect this diversity, which we believe is beneficial for our employees, the organisation and the communities we serve.
This job is closed for applications.