Social Worker Youth and Family Team
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Sand Martin House
£32,798 to £36,371
This is an exciting opportunity for a qualified social worker to join the Youth and Family Team, part of the Targeted Youth Support Service (TYSS) within Peterborough City Council, an authority judged to be good at our last Ofsted inspection.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about achieving positive outcomes for young people to join our team of social workers and youth and family workers, who work closely in partnership with colleagues in other adolescent services to safeguard vulnerable teenagers and to promote successful development at this crucial stage of their lives.
The successful candidate will have:
· A degree in social work with post qualification experience and current SWE registration
· A clear understanding of the legislative and regulatory regime of multi-agency statutory children’s services and an understanding of the framework within which Local Authorities operate.
· Knowledge and experience of working with key issues facing vulnerable teenagers including criminal and sexual exploitation, homelessness, child to parent abuse and complex mental health needs.
· Excellent interpersonal and team-working skills
· High motivation, energy and personal drive, resilient and demonstrating emotional intelligence and self-awareness
We are a small and friendly team with specialist skills in working with adolescents, who describe themselves as happy and committed to their work. You will be confident in your ability as a social worker and will be supported to manage a complex caseload of children and families.
The Youth and Family Team work predominantly with teenagers aged 13-17 being assessed through the Child and Family Assessment framework or subject to Child In Need plans. You will be joining the service at an exciting moment as we develop our contextual safeguarding approach across Cambridgeshire and Peterborough.
If you would like to make a difference to the lives of these young people and feel you have the skills to do so please contact Chris Leach, Youth and Family Team Manager, for further information on 07943747814.
This is a rolling campaign, and we will review applications daily so please don't wait for the closing date to apply. Candidates will be progressed shortly after they apply, and the opportunity will be filled as soon as we identify a suitable candidate, which may be before the closing date. So please don't hesitate, apply today.
We are proud to serve the diverse communities of Peterborough and want our workforce to reflect this diversity, which we believe is beneficial for our employees, the organisation and the communities we serve.
Appointment to this post will be subject to the outcome of an Enhanced Disclosure obtained through the Disclosure and Barring Service. The Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.