Senior Practitioner Assessment Service (Part-Time)
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 14/08/2022 23:59
Sand Martin House, Fletton Quays, Peterborough
£40,578 to £44,624 pro rata
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Part time Senior Practitioner or a Social Worker who is looking for promotion to within the Assessment service for Peterborough City Council, an authority judged good in their last Ofsted Inspection.
The post offers the chance to contribute to high quality service delivery, further develop strong partnership/cross service working and in collaboration with the social workers innovate and build on the good practice that is already in place. We have excellent office facilities and have adapted a hybrid model of agile, flexible working, including both home and office working.
A recent Ofsted Focused Visit in June 2021 on children in care has noted:
• The local authority’s quality of placement matching is an area of strength'.
• Senior leaders and social workers understand children's experiences' and consider 'their views, needs, wishes and feelings'. In addition, social workers apply 'thoughtful and thorough placement planning and help carers understand children's needs'.
• Senior leaders have a 'clear understanding and knowledge of practices, experiences, and children's progress in care'.
• Social workers have manageable caseloads and are equipped with the tools needed, including suitable technology and personal protective equipment.
Social workers in Peterborough were asked why they loved working in Peterborough, and these are some of their responses:
• “Peterborough values me… it’s a compassionate organisation that genuinely values its workers”
• “I feel safe in my practice, I feel safe to say I think I might have got this wrong”
• “We can be really effective in the work that we do and the outcomes we achieve for children – that makes it worth getting up in the morning”.
Does this sound like an environment where you could make a real difference? Join an experienced and dedicated management team working to ensure the best interests are achieved for children and their families.
The successful candidate will have:
• A degree in social care with significant demonstrable post qualification experience and current SWE registration
? An expert understanding of the legislative and regulatory regime of multi-agency statutory children’s services and the designated specialist portfolio for the role, together with an understanding of the framework within which Local Authorities operate.
• Knowledge of how to recognise political context of social care and respond appropriately at supervisory level.
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Leadership and supervisor experience within a relevant service context
• Experience of leading change within an organisation
• High motivation, energy and personal drive, resilient and demonstrating highly developed emotional intelligence and self-awareness
• Successfully working to a budget in a demanding public arena
In return we can offer you:
• A competitive salary plus generous retention payments
• A relocation package up to £8,000 (T&C’s apply)
• Excellent pension scheme
• Agile working
This role is part time, 18.5 hours.
This is a rolling advert and applications will be reviewed frequently, so please don't wait for the closing date to apply. We promise that candidates will be progressed shortly after their application is received. So please don't hesitate, we want to speak to you today
Appointment to this post will be subject to the outcome of an Enhanced Disclosure obtained through the Disclosure and Barring Service. The Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
We are proud to serve the diverse communities of Peterborough and want our workforce to reflect this diversity, which we believe is beneficial for our employees, the organisation and the communities we serve.
This job is closed for applications.