Senior Practitioner Children In Care Team Fixed Term Contract to December 2022
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Sand Martin House, Fletton Quays, Peterborough
£39,880 to £43,857 per annum
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Senior Practitioner or a Social Worker who is looking for promotion, to the Children in Care service for Peterborough City Council, an authority judged good in their last Ofsted Inspection.
The post offers the chance to contribute to high quality service delivery, further develop strong partnership/cross service working and in collaboration with the social workers innovate and build on the good practice that is already in place. This is a fixed term contact to cover maternity leave until December 2022.
An Ofsted focused visit in Summer 2021 found;
· ‘The local authority’s quality of placement matching, is an area of strength'.
· ‘Senior leaders and social workers understand children's experiences' and
consider 'their views, needs, wishes and feelings'. In addition, social workers
apply 'thoughtful and thorough placement planning and help carers understand
· Senior leaders have a 'clear understanding and knowledge of practices,
experiences, and children's progress in care'.
· Social workers have manageable caseloads and are equipped with the tools
needed, including suitable technology.
“Peterborough values me… it’s a compassionate organisation that genuinely values its workers”
“I feel safe in my practice, I feel safe to say I think I might have got this wrong”
“We can be really effective in the work that we do and the outcomes we achieve for children – that makes it worth getting up in the morning”.
These are just some of the responses we had from our social workers when we asked them why they love working here. Does this sound like an environment where you could make a real difference?
Having achieved ‘Good’ in our 2018 full Ofsted inspection we have firmly set our sights on ‘Outstanding’ and are looking for passionate and committed individuals to join us.
Join an experienced, supportive and dedicated team working to ensure the best outcomes are achieved for children and their families.
The successful candidate will have:
• A degree in social care with significant demonstrable post qualification experience and current SWE registration
• A good understanding of the legislative and regulatory regime of multi-agency statutory children’s services..
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Proven ability in care planning including where there is complexity.
• Experience of supporting team members with their development and performance.
• High motivation, energy and personal drive, resilient and demonstrating good emotional intelligence and self-awareness
In return we can offer you:
• A competitive salary*
• Agile working
• A supportive and compassionate team with a great sense of community.
A stable and supportive management team who are aspirational for children in care.
* salary grade subject to experience
If you would like to discuss any aspect of this role, please do not hesitate to get in touch with Marie Hennessey-Quentin, Team Manager, 07552898644
This is a rolling advert and applications will be reviewed frequently, so please don’t wait for the closing date to apply. We promise that candidates will be progressed shortly after their application is received. So please don’t hesitate, we want to speak to you today.
Appointment to this post will be subject to the outcome of an Enhanced Disclosure obtained through the Disclosure and Barring Service. The Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
We are proud to serve the diverse communities of Peterborough and want our workforce to reflect this diversity, which we believe is beneficial for our employees, the organisation and the communities we serve.