Senior Practitioner - Leaving Care Service
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 31/01/2022 23:59
Sand Martin House, Fletton Quays, Peterborough
£39,880 to £43,857
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Senior Practitioner or a Social Worker who is looking for promotion to, within the Leaving Care service for Peterborough City Council, an authority judged good in their last Ofsted Inspection. The post offers the chance to contribute to high quality service delivery, further develop strong partnership/cross service working and in collaboration with the social workers innovate and build on the good practice that is already in place.
• The local authority’s quality of placement matching, is an area of strength'.
• Senior leaders and social workers understand children's experiences' and consider 'their views, needs, wishes and feelings'. In addition, social workers apply 'thoughtful and thorough placement planning and help carers understand children's needs'.
• Senior leaders have a 'clear understanding and knowledge of practices, experiences, and children's progress in care'.
• Social workers have manageable caseloads and are equipped with the tools needed, including suitable technology and personal protective equipment.
“Peterborough values me… it’s a compassionate organisation that genuinely values its workers”
“I feel safe in my practice, I feel safe to say I think I might have got this wrong”
“We can be really effective in the work that we do and the outcomes we achieve for children – that makes it worth getting up in the morning”.
These are just some of the responses we had from our social workers when we asked them why they love working here. Does this sound like an environment where you could make a real difference?
Having achieved ‘Good’ in our 2018 Ofsted inspection we have firmly set our sights on ‘Outstanding’, and are looking for passionate and committed individuals to join us.
Join an experienced and dedicated management team working to ensure the best interests are achieved for children and their families.
The successful candidate will have:
• A degree in social care with significant demonstrable post qualification experience and current SWE registration
• An expert understanding of the legislative and regulatory regime of multi-agency statutory children’s services and the designated specialist portfolio for the role, together with an understanding of the framework within which Local Authorities operate.
• Knowledge of how to recognise political context of social care and respond appropriately at management level.
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Experience of leading change within an organisation
• High motivation, energy and personal drive, resilient and demonstrating highly developed emotional intelligence and self-awareness
In return we can offer you:
• A competitive salary plus generous retention payments
• A relocation package up to £8,000 (T&C’s apply)
• Excellent pension scheme
• Agile working
We are proud to serve the diverse communities of Peterborough and want our workforce
to reflect this diversity, which we believe is beneficial for our employees, the organisation, and the communities we serve.
Appointment to this post will be subject to the outcome of an Enhanced Disclosure obtained through the Disclosure and Barring Service. The Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This job is closed for applications.