Casual Youth Support Work - NCS
Casual / Seasonal / Bank
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Sand Martin House, Peterborough City Council
£9.39 - £10.36 per hour
Do you have the skills to engage and inspire a team of young people?
We are looking for enthusiastic, dynamic and passionate individuals with experience of working
with and engaging young people.
You will be employed as a team leader or assistant to support a team of young people on their 2 week NCS journey. You will earn over £1000 for each 2 week programme with the opportunity to deliver more depending on availability. We have programmes starting on 27th June, 4th July and 25th July.
We will be recruiting both team leaders and team assistant workers for our programmes who can demonstrate:
- Belief in young people and in helping them take more active roles in their communities.
- Experience working directly with teams of young people (either in voluntary or paid
capacity), including some with challenging behaviour.
- Experience of facilitating small group discussions and reflecting on learning.
- Well organised.
- Sound judgement and a responsible attitude.
- Rapport and empathy with young people.
- Interested in young people’s personal development.
- Able to lead and work as part of a team.
- Strong interpersonal & communication skills.
- Success in managing and motivating people in challenging environments.
The National Citizen Service is the governments flagship youth development programme for
15 - 17 year olds with over 600,000 participants so far and over 10,000 team leaders help make it happen every year.
We are proud to serve the diverse communities of Peterborough and want our workforce to reflect this diversity, which we believe is beneficial for our employees, the organisation and the communities we serve.