Senior Practitioner Transitions Team (0-25 Disability Service) Maternity Cover
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Sand Martin House, Fletton Quays, Peterborough
£39,880 to £43,857
We have an exciting opportunity to join the Peterborough City Council 0-25 Disability Service Transitions Team as a Senior Practitioner on a fixed term 12 month contract.
We are looking for a Qualified Social Work Practitioner to work with children and young adults who have complex disabilities and needs, within our specialist service. The successful candidate will need to have knowledge and experience in supporting the children and young adults who access our service. In return we offer an in depth induction alongside ongoing training, development and support.
This is an amazing opportunity to be part of the ever-growing service with people who are passionate about supporting children and vulnerable adults with varying complexities, offering support and guidance during period of crisis.
The successful candidate will have experience and/or knowledge of ;
• Capacity Assessments, Adult Safeguarding, Children’s Safeguarding, Best Interest, Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards, including completion of COPDOLs applications.
• Supporting people who are undergoing Transitions from children to adults
• Experience of undertaking C & F Assessments, The Children’s Act 1989 and The Care Act 2014
• CIN/CP Planning and Review
• Leaving Care support
• Establishing appropriate care packages which are reviewed in line with their needs and development
• 0 -25 Special Education Needs and Disability (SEND Agenda)
• Community Support and assisting families to access activities and services
• Advice and advocating
The successful candidate will need to be able to travel independently between locations including out of county areas on occasions.
In return we can offer:
• A competitive salary*
• Agile working
• Bespoke training and career progression opportunities
• Working as part of a supportive and compassionate team with a great sense of community.
*Salary grade subject to experience
This post is subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check at an enhanced level.
This role offers autonomy around where you work from, arranging your agile day and planning with families. Guidance and support from the Line manager and the whole team at any point if and when required. The 0-25 Disability Service works hard to maintain a respectful, genuine, dedicated, collaborative environment and values each members view. We welcome all applications from candidates who are keen to be a part of your service even if you feel you meet some the criteria and we are proud to be a Disability Confident employer.
Shortlisting will take place on 1st November 2021
Interviews will take place on 5th November 2021.
Please contact Team Manager, Emma Kavanagh at email@example.com for more information.
We are proud to serve the diverse communities of Peterborough and want our workforce to reflect this diversity, which we believe is beneficial for our employees, the organisation and the communities we serve.
IMPORTANT: This role will require you to enter the premises of a CQC-registered care home as part of your employment. Regulations which come into force from 11 November 2021 will require employees over 18 who enter CQC-registered care homes in England to have completed a full course of authorised COVID-19 vaccine doses at least 2 weeks before 11th November 2021, unless they have a medical exemption. As part of your pre-employment checks you will need to provide evidence of your vaccinations or medical exemption. Your employment will not commence until this evidence is received.