Social Worker - Children Family Safeguarding Team
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Sand Martin House, Fletton Quays, Peterborough
£32,234 to £39,880
Tight teams, low caseloads, life changing results. It’s a bold statement to make.
Join our Family Safeguarding teams at Peterborough City Council and experience it for yourself.
In 2017 Peterborough implemented The Strengthening Families, Protecting Children - Family Safeguarding approach which improves outcomes for vulnerable children and young people by involving multi-disciplinary teams in children’s social care. Family Safeguarding has resulted in significantly better outcomes for some of the most vulnerable and at-risk children in Peterborough. The York report, a recent Dfe evaluation on Peterborough’s family safeguarding model, has shown the following:
• The number of children coming into care has remained stable, while similar local authorities have almost all seen a significant rise.
• The number of children on a child protection plan in Peterborough has fallen by approximately 20%
• The city has seen a 25% reduction in applications for care proceedings applications gong to court, and care proceedings are now at an all-time low.
To read more click here:https://bit.ly/3wWqRkB
We are looking for experienced, qualified social workers, with current SWE registration who want to be part of a flagship for children’s service innovation. This is a great opportunity for you to work within a diverse and supportive team who will empower you to make important decisions and find creative solutions to challenging situations.
In return we can offer you:
• A competitive *salary plus generous retention payments
• Bespoke training and CDP, tailored to your specific needs.
• Excellent pension scheme
• Agile working
• Superb career progression opportunities
• A supportive and compassionate team with a great sense of community.
* salary grade subject to experience
If you would love to work for an authority that will genuinely love you back, apply today.
This is a rolling campaign, and we will review applications daily so please don't wait for the closing date to apply. Candidates will be progressed shortly after they apply, and the opportunity will be filled as soon as we identify a suitable candidate, which may be before the closing date. So please don't hesitate, we want to speak to you now!
We are proud to serve the diverse communities of Peterborough and want our workforce
to reflect this diversity, which we believe is beneficial for our employees, the organisation, and the communities we serve.
Appointment to this post will be subject to the outcome of an Enhanced Disclosure obtained through the Disclosure and Barring Service. The Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.