Team Manager Children In Care Team
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 22/09/2021 23:59
Sand Martin House, Fletton Quays, Peterborough
£47,854 – £53,042
Corporate Parenting in Peterborough is a ‘conscientious parent’. This was one of the many positive attributes given to the service in the recent Peterborough focused OFSTED visit. This follows a grading of ‘Good’ for Peterborough in 2018.
We ‘think stability’ for our children in care and care leavers as we know this gives them the best possible start in life. Our objective is always ‘thoughtful and thorough’ in our approach to care planning, which means our children rarely move in anything other than a planned way.
We are proud, therefore, to say we have an exciting opportunity within the service for a team manager to join us in children in care.
The successful candidate will be joining a stable service with a clear and focused vision for children in care and care leavers. We are looking for a candidate who has a knowledge base in children in care and care leavers that promotes solid and positive outcomes for them based upon a sound knowledge of practice, legislation, theory and research.
We are looking for a candidate to join a stable management team that works collaboratively with colleagues in a shared service with Cambridgeshire.
• A successful candidate will report to the Service Manager
• Will be responsible for 8 social workers and 1 alternatively qualified practitioner.
• Will ensure cases are allocated in a timely manner and offer regular supervision to staff in accordance with our supervision policy.
• Will be responsible for ensuring performance and quality systems and processes are adhered to.
• Will ensure the quality of service provided to children in care continues to improve.
• Values the diversity of children in care.
• Has the experience of leading and managing teams with successful outcomes
• Has the knowledge and experience in knowing how to manage the local political context that they work within.
• Work successfully with partners
• Has fantastic interpersonal skills, with a high degree of emotional intelligence.
• Able to manage a team budget
In return we will offer the successful candidate
• Professional development opportunities
• A stable service that is grounded in knowing what good looks like, that is well respected by partners and others.
• Relocation expenses where required.
• Agile working
• Positive and motivated staff team.
• Excellent pension scheme
Our vision is to offer the best we can to children in our care. We think we do. If you would like more information then please speak to Michaela Berry service manager on 07930832309 for an informal discussion.
Appointment to this post will be subject to the outcome of an Enhanced Disclosure obtained through the Disclosure and Barring Service. The Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
We are proud to serve the diverse communities of Peterborough and want our workforce to reflect this diversity, which we believe is beneficial for our employees, the organisation and the communities we serve.
This job is closed for applications.