Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Sand Martin House, Fletton Quays, Peterborough
£22,183 to £25,481
We are looking for a self-motivated and confident person to join our Home Service Delivery Team to work within a therapy and home improvement agency environment. It is a combined role to work with clients who are having difficulty managing everyday tasks and helps them to access the assistance they need to remain living independently within their home.
You will need to have experience of working with people either in the community or in a health background. You will need to be organised and be able to collect and assess personal information in order to respond to the person’s needs. It is a demanding and busy job and you will need to show initiative and be able to carry your own caseload. You will be flexible and adaptable to the changing needs and demands of the service.
You must have excellent interpersonal skills and be able to work on your own and in a team delivering a high standard of customer care at all times. You will be responsible for:
• Visiting clients who have a wide range of health, social and housing issues in their own homes in order to undertake assessments.
• Establishing how client’s needs can be met by working with the client to achieve their goals and for them to remain as independent as possible in their own home through provision of specialised equipment or adaptations (Clinical supervision will be provided by an Occupational Therapist)
• Assisting clients to make applications for Local Authority grants and finding and securing alternative sources of funding
• Supporting clients from initial enquiries through to completion of work and review.
• Dealing with clients, their families, carers and representatives, suppliers, contractors and fellow health and social care professionals to deliver services and improves client’s quality of life
Appointment to this post will be subject to the outcome of an Enhanced Disclosure obtained through the Disclosure and Barring Service. The Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
We are proud to serve the diverse communities of Peterborough and want our workforce to reflect this diversity, which we believe is beneficial for our employees, the organisation and the communities we serve.