Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 16/09/2021 23:59
Sand Martin House
£31,778 - £41,604
We are looking to appoint a committed and highly motivated qualified teacher to join our established Autism Team, which is an integral part of the Peterborough SEN & Inclusion Service. We are a centrally based team who support children, young people, schools and families within Peterborough.
We welcome applications from qualified teachers with primary or secondary experience. The successful candidate will be expected to be open to working across the school age range, however, consideration can be given to the individual’s preference and experience.
The ideal candidate will:
* have experience of teaching children with autism within mainstream or special schools
at either primary or secondary phases (min 3 years) ;
* have qualifications, training and /or have experience of working with pupils with Autism.
* be able to effectively liaise with other professionals and can form positive and
professional relationships with pupils, parents/carers and education settings.
* be a flexible and adaptable team player with excellent communication and
* be enthusiastic, confident, able to show initiative and to work independently as
* have a friendly manner with a good sense of humour.
* show evidence of a commitment to high quality teaching, learning and assessment.
* be able to teach creatively, adapting to the needs of a variety of learners and be willing
to explore new teaching and learning strategies.
* have a passion for Autism Education and the Inclusion Agenda.
* hold a full driving license and have access to a car.
The opportunities for further professional development and training would enable the successful candidate to progress in their career.
Experience and/or an interest in working with student with autism and other additional needs would be an advantage.
Appointment to this post will be subject to the outcome of an Enhanced Disclosure obtained through the Disclosure and Barring Service. The Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
For an informal discussion or further information please contact Jill Groutage(07961 240778) or Claire Nunn (07961 240384) or landline 01733 864009 or alternatively use the following link:
To apply, please visit our website at https://www.peterborough.gov.uk/council/council-jobs/
No internet access?
Please telephone 01354 750325
Interview date: 30.09.21
The Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children.
We are proud to serve the diverse communities of Cambridgeshire/Peterborough and want our workforce to reflect this diversity, which we believe is beneficial for our employees, the organisation and the communities we serve.
This job is closed for applications.