Night Residential Support Worker
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Clare Lodge, Glinton, PE6 7AW
£22,183 to £25,481
Clare Lodge is an all-female, welfare only, secure children’s home based in Glinton, Peterborough. We have an exciting opportunity for a resilient and hard-working person to join our expanding night residential team. The successful candidate will need to demonstrate a good working knowledge of child protection and procedures as well as an understanding of the development needs of young people.
The young people at Clare Lodge require intense support because of their complex needs, therefore working within this environment is rewarding and provides an interesting challenge. The successful candidate will be given the support to work towards a level 3 Diploma in children and young people while gaining unique on the job experience by working alongside our dedicated care team. Our team of night staff provide individual care and support while acting as appropriate role models and advocates.
Key Requirements/ Skills
- Ability to build/maintain positive relationships.
- An ability to interpret and respond effectively to a range of emotions.
- The resilience and ability to work with individuals who display challenging forms of behaviour.
- Good Interpersonal and oral /written communication skills.
- Ability to write reports and accurately record incidents.
- Must be available for night shift working.
- Able to work flexible hours including, weekends and bank holidays at short notice.
- Health and physical wellbeing must allow for safe holding and restraints as well as the physical activities with the young people.
- Support in completing Level 3 Diploma in Children and Young People through Peterborough City College.
- Enrolment in a comprehensive Induction programme which includes CALM (restraint) training.
- Additional optional training courses offered throughout the working year.
- Opportunity to pick up overtime shifts at an increased hourly rate.
- Access to a 24 hour Health Assured programme which includes free financial and mental health advice.
- 24 days of Annual leave, plus bank holiday entitlement per annum.
- Free onsite car parking facilities
The successful candidate will be able to work well within a multidisciplinary organisation to provide an excellent standard of care in accordance with relevant child safeguarding policies and care quality standards.
If you are looking for an exciting new challenge and have transferable skills from a previous career, this could be the role for you. Please enquire if you have any questions.
Interviews will be held for this position on Friday 09/07/21.
We are proud to serve the diverse communities of Peterborough, and want our workforce to reflect this diversity, which we believe is beneficial for our employees, the organisation, and the communities we serve.
Appointment to this post will be subject to the outcome of an Enhanced Disclosure obtained through the Disclosure and Barring Service. The Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.