Civil Enforcement Officer
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 13/06/2021 23:59
Sand Martin House, Fletton Quays, Peterborough
£22,183 - £25,481 (+7% shift enhancement)
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the Prevention and Enforcement Service
(PES), which is a multi-disciplined team that tackles quality of life issues across the
city. The service covers issues such as parking, CCTV and environmental enforcement.
As a Civil Enforcement Officer you will be responsible for checking for compliance with
the city’s parking restrictions, identifying contraventions and taking enforcement
action where necessary
a) Main duties and responsibilities of the post
• to be part of a uniformed and visible service that provides advice, support, education
and enforcement to residents, visitors and businesses in relation to parking.
• to work with other front line statutory partners in the PES to jointly address issues as
directed or as identified during routine day to day activity.
• To serve statutory notices as directed using the various Acts of Parliament available to
the service, including Penalty Charge Notices (PCNs) for civil parking contraventions.
• To investigate complaints/service requests in accordance with service standards
relating to parking and road safety.
• To patrol areas as directed, checking for compliance with the parking restrictions,
including on street chargeable spaces and council owned car parks.
b) Key skills that are required as outlined in Job Description & Person Specification
• Knowledge of relevant legislation, regulations, standards and core disciplines of work
areas relevant to parking enforcement.
• Strong communication skills and the ability to write clear and concise notes, statements
• Strong customer service skills and the ability to explain complex legislation clearly and
concisely to members of the public
• Ability to deal with several issues simultaneously and respond quickly to changing
priorities under pressure.
• Ability to resolve conflict in a professional manner
• Ability to problem solve
• Experience of partnership working and building good relationships with external
stakeholders and members of the public
Interviews will be held on 24th and 25th June 21
We are proud to serve the diverse communities of Peterborough, and want our
workforce to reflect this diversity, which we believe is beneficial for our employees,
the organisation, and the communities we serve.
Appointment to this post will be subject to the outcome of an Enhanced Disclosure obtained through the Disclosure and Barring Service. The Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This job is closed for applications.